Everything About Hernia
A hernia is a swelling caused due to protrusion of an organ or tissue from an abnormal opening in the wall of the muscle that holds it in place. Hernias can be internal or external. External hernias occur through a weak spot in the wall of the abdomen or the tummy. They usually present as a swelling that increases on straining and reduces on resting or lying down.
Here, we have discussed everything about diagnosis, hernia operation and surgery cost in Mumbai. We hope you go through all the details mentioned on this page, and consult your case with the best hernia surgeon in Mumbai!
The most common types of hernias are-
• Inguinal (in the groin)- 73%
• Femoral (below the groin in upper thigh)- 17%
• Umbilical (through the navel/belly button)- 8.5%
• Epigastric (above the navel, in the midline)
• Incisional (through the scars of any previous surgery such as a previous cesarean section)
• Rare types- (lumbar, spigelian, obturator and gluteal)
Hernia can be seen in all age-groups and all genders. In children, congenital hernias are common. Inguinal hernias are seen more often in men. Umbilical and femoral hernias are seen more commonly in women.